Best Thermal Softshell Cycling Jackets For Winter
Available for both men and women, the Squall has a closer cut than some of the jackets on review. As a result it’s best worn over just a few light layers – a baselayer is ideal in our experience, though it will also fit over a thin midlayer fleece if you need it to too. This sizing is optimum for summer use than colder conditions rather. Hem length is more generous than some slightly, sitting just below the waist to offer a good protective overlap with your trousers. The fit at the waist is fine tuned with toggles, and the tails of the elastic are separate than a closed loop rather, so you can’t snag them by mistake. As we’ve come to expect from Mountain Equipment, the tailoring allows full arm movement with no danger of hem lift. Tuck the Squall under your harness and it’ll probably stay there all day.
- Waterproof and windproof soft shell fabric with thermal warm fleece lining
- Outer material : waterproof polyester + spandex
- inner material: warm and comfortable fleece
- Multi-pockets: Chest pocket, Arm pockets, Back pockets
- Great for hiking,camping,walking,hunting,fishing and more outdoor activities
- Softshell - A woven combination material, designed to be breathable and flexible with some showerproof properties
- Water-resistant - Treated with Durable Water Repellent (DWR), droplets will bead and roll off the fabric. Light rain, or limited exposure to rain
- Windproof - A thin membrane between the fabric provides protection from the wind
- Faux Fur - Synthetic fur adds warmth and comfort and looks great too
- Zipped pockets - for convenient and safe storage
- WINDPROOF MENS HOODY JACKET - smart, smooth and warm softshell casual jacket for men
- SHOWER RESISTANT JACKET FOR MEN - smooth, warm outer fabric is water-repellent to withstand light rain
- SMOOTH ON THE OUTSIDE AND FLEECY ON THE INSIDE- cosy microfleece is bonded onto the inside of the hoody for warmth and comfort
- DESIGNED IN YORKSHIRE - with a unique panel cut for a smart, streamlined look and two neat zip pockets
- ONE YEAR GUARANTEE by TOG24 the Yorkshire-based family company known for high performance, honestly-priced outdoor clothing since 1958.
- Brand New Foldaway Hood Design - the windproof hood can be folded into the collar with zip
- Waterproof Breathable and Comfortable Softshell
- Warm, Thermal and Windproof Fleece Lining
- Many Zip pockets: Chest pockets, Sleeve pockets, Back pockets
- Great for military outdoor hiking camping walking hunting fishing and casual wear
- Sundried's lightweight breathable jacket will keep you warm and comfortable in winter and spring. The fabric allows sweat to wick away from the body and evaporate, leaving you cool and comfortable while the raglan sleeves allow for total freedom of movement when running and training.
- Sundried's waterproof winter coat prevents water leaking through the fabric, making it ideal for changeable winter and spring weather. Secure side pockets and central zipper mean this softshell jacket is both practical and technical.
- The adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs are ideal for outdoor winter training and running and allow for the perfect fit while our luxury fabrics provide ultimate comfort.
- Intelligently designed chin guard provides superior comfort at the chin and neck and prevents chafing. The super soft fleece lining provides temperature control so you can stay warm in winter without overheating in spring and is kind to the skin.
- Sundried is a British premium ethical activewear brand and your satisfaction is our highest priority. If there are any questions or concerns about your product, please let us know and our dedicated customer services team will be happy to assist.
- Our size XL and XXL is a little large than usually, Please check more information on Description
- Double layer thickening Collar, warm and windproof
- Flag Patch panels on each arm,multiple exterior pockets
- Zipper handwarmer pockets. Thermal Design Cuff
- Ideal for hunting,camping,fishing,hunting,hiking,travelling and Tactical Miltiary and others outdoor activities
- Softshell fabric with warm fleece inner.
- Hood can be rolled up and velcro down.
- Inner fleece lining provides warm and comfortable fit.
- Humanic design with qualiy material, waterproof, windproof and breathable.
- Great for hiking, hunting, climbing, fishing, riding, camping, travel and adventure.
- Windproof softshell Jacket for men, can be worn as in-between seasons Jacket or as mid layer for winter, active fit
- Practical full-length zip, two zip pockets for warm and safe hands, chest pocket with zip, detachable hood, hem adjustable via drawstring
- Water- and dirt-repellent thanks to Omni-Shield technology for more comfort and high mobility during all sports
- Ideal warmth and water repellence in combination with other Columbia products
- Contents: 1 x Columbia Men's Cascade Ridge II Softshell Jacket, 100 Percent Polyester, Colour: Black, Size: L , Art.No. 1516251
- To fit chest (recommended): S 33 - 36 inches, M 36 - 39 inches, L 39 - 42 inches, XL 42 - 46 inches, XXL 46 - 50 inches, 3XL 50 - 54 inches.
- Wind-proof. Waterproof (2000mm hydrostatic head). Breathable (3000 g/m²/24 h).
- Cobra hood, full front zip, 3 pockets, ventilated sleeves, cuffs with Velcro.
- Shell: 3-layer laminate (100% nylon, breathable polyurethane membrane, 100% nylon).
- Lining: 100% nylon. Removable fleece jacket: 100% polyester.
- Water resistant Fabric provides protection from light rain
It’s rugged for its weight then – and it’s also stretchy, with a blend of 7% elastane and 93% nylon. Wind resistance is good and breathability high, so for high output activities in windy-but-warm weather this is a good option. However the tissue-thin fabric may not be the best bet for years of hard abuse. IT’S GOOD The price and weight are more attractive than some others on test, and for that you get a nylon weave fabric that’s more durable and more wind- and water-resistant than a polyester fleece jacket. It’s also more durable and stretchier than a standard windshirt. Once on there’s not much insulation provided, but even with its snug fit you can still easily wear it over insulating layers. The two main pockets are great, and there is a third smaller chest pocket for a GPS receiver, compass or phone.
What To Look For When Buying A Softshell Jacket
For carrying it can be scrunched up to about the size of a large grapefruit, making this one of the more packable jackets on test. To save weight without undermining durability Arc’teryx have gone for a hybrid construction, putting two different fabrics where each can offer the most benefit. In the main body of the jacket you get something called TerraTex (94% nylon, 6% elastane), a quick-drying fabric with a good level of shower and wind resistance. This has a little stretch for freedom of movement, and seems durable for its lightness certainly; we’ve also found it very breathable for comfortable active use in warmer weather. Adding a bit of beef in the tops of the arms and shoulders is ‘Fortius 1.0’ (84% nylon, 16% elastane), a tougher and slightly thicker-feeling fabric used where the jacket is likely to get the most abrasion.
The idea is that the Windstopper keeps the worst of the weather from the most exposed parts of you while your sweat escapes more easily through the woven M2 fabric. Gore Windstopper uses an ePTFE membrane like waterproof Goretex just, but while Gore claims total windproofness for the Windstopper fabrics, they are said to be only water resistant.
Top 5 Softshell Jackets
The pockets are good particularly, being large and easily accessible while wearing a rucksack. Overall, this is a great soft shell for mixed weather conditions. Among the eight jackets tested, we’ve brought a wide range of examples together, from super warm, thick, insulated jackets to thin, lightweight tops suitable for running. On most of them, the outer fabric is a tightly-woven but stretchy material that offers a good deal of rain and wind resistance.
Do I need a hard shell?
One can wear a hard-shell in many cases; they are just particularly good ABOVE freezing where more water is present. Most soft shells have some insulation and are windproof. They are water resistant in a lot of cases, but not something you want to wear usually ABOVE freezing.
The ultimate rock climbing Soft Shell; light, tough and protective it’s the definitive choice for everything from big walls to sea cliffs. With its cavernous helmet compatible hood, offset front zip and minimalist single pocket design the Squall is truly at home in any climbing situation. A stretchy double weave EXOLITE fabric and precise Active fit offers both the toughness and unhindered movement necessary for those who find themselves making moves on hard rock and ice. Given the insulation on offer here the relatively light weight, just 405g , is surprising, and we’d say that Mammut have done well to keep it this low.
It’s made from something called Exolite 125, a softshell fabric that’s very much at the thinner end of the softshell spectrum and seems well matched to a summer-oriented jacket. Any thinner and, we suspect, we’d be calling the Squall a windproof rather than a softshell. Though very lightweight, we’ve found the fabric has excellent wind resistance, and a decent water repellency that will happily shrug off a light passing shower. It also seems tough enough to cope with being abraded on rocks, and after several months’ use there is no sign of scuffing on our review jacket. There’s a little stretch in this fabric, but it’s not as springy as some, Mountain Equipment relying more on tailoring than stretch for freedom of movement seemingly.
- The whole jacket has a good DWR treatment and light rain still beads-up well even after a couple of washes.
- The ROM is now a hybrid softshell jacket that uses Gore Windstopper material over the hood, shoulders and upper chest and arms.
- The idea is that the Windstopper keeps the worst of the weather from the most exposed parts of you while your sweat escapes more easily through the woven M2 fabric.
- Marmot’s own M2 fabric, a light non-membrane softshell, makes up the lower body, back and arms.